Friday, August 12, 2011

Finallly gonna flesh this out...

The boys and I have had a ton of super fun experiences and time together since I moved to Utah in March. There are hundreds and hundreds of photos to share, and stories to tell, and adventures to remember. I'm making a commitment right now to start using this space as a diary, to document my relationship with my boys, and to memorialize all the good times we are having.

I love these boys so much and I love that I have been able to spend more time with them than ever before. Who says good things can't come from divorce?

So here are some pictures from my last couple weeks with the boys, after we returned from our Clason Family Reunion in Fresno:


Yes, Daddy sure can cook dinner just as well as he can make breakfast!!!! Yes, it was only one of those cheesy velveeta skillet things, but I picked it, I thawed the chicken, browned it, cut it, and followed the recipe on the box, and the boys LOVED it!


I freaking love Daschle. I used to have to physically put all three of my boys in their beds and give them repeated instructions at bedside that they are not to get up out of bed a million times, and that they are to close their eyes and go to sleep. Recently however, after family scriptures and prayers every night, and after family hugs and 5 kisses to/from each boy, all I have to tell them is to go upstairs and get in bed and they do it, and they don't get up. Maybe it's because I decided to just stop getting mad when they got up a million times, and now they aren't afraid of getting up and getting in trouble, maybe I'm finally getting that whole kids respect and obey their parents more out of love from their parents than out of fear of the consequences.

Whatever the case... I came up one night about 30 mins after bed time and this is what I found in Daschle's room. The door was wide open. The light was on. The blinds were open. But there he was: in bed and asleep. I have some more hilarious pictures of him sleeping that I will post soon. Like I said, I love that kid!


Thug life!!! As I was unpacking the boxes in my room one day, I came back in to my room to find Dasch looking like this. Teehee...






Here are the "victims" of my evil and dastardly deeds. Don't they look distraught and terribly unhappy and abused after being "kidnapped" by me several times!?! This was on the couch one night in our new house in SE Provo before we watched a church video for scriptures. Xander was just in such a great, happy and smiley mood that I couldn't help but want to try and capture it to document the transformation that has been occurring in him. He has totally been coming out of his shell this past month. He smiles all of the time with me now, and laughs and is happy and these are no longer the exception to the rule. His whining, and grouchiness and gloomy outlook on his life that seemed to constantly be there these past several years has finally taken a back seat to the joy that he is experiencing and how loved and happy he feels. It's contagious and it makes me and his brothers smile and laugh. I love his little semi-maniacal laugh and when he giggles. I love to watch him and be with him and know that he is having a fun time and he is happy because of me. He is a special kid.


It finally came!!! At Christmas time in 2010 we didn't have enough money to buy Rev the one thing he really wanted: a R35 GTR remote control car. Don't get me wrong, he made out like a bandit even though we had no money, but Tamara and I did promise him that he would some day have his R35, and I decided that we could commit to getting it for him when he graduated from Youchien (preschool/kindergarten) in Japan in April.

Well obviously that didn't happen, but he did start going to Kindergarten here in Utah and I told him when he graduated I would still get him an R35 GTR. Well he graduated from Hillcrest Elementary Kindergarten in Orem and from the Kindercare Kindergarten program as well, and he did a great job adapting to the new school and all the changes going on in his life. It took a couple months after graduation, but the wait was well worth it for Rev. He got an officially licensed by Nissan, 1/14 scale, red R35 Nissan GTR remote control car, and he was and still is stoked about it.

Rev is growing up so fast. He's not a little kid any more. He's like my little man and he is such a great big brother. He helps me so much with his younger brother and with chores around the house. I'm so proud of him.

Ok, that's it for now! I am going to continue posting pictures from here forward as I take them, and I'm also going to try to go back and post pics from things that have happened these past few months. I think my next post will be pictures and videos from the Clason Family Reunion in Fresno from last month.

-Trevor Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment